08 December 2013

Rolled Sugar Cookies


I can't believe I just made this today. These were so easy to make but it did took longer for me to bake since I'm not baking from an oven but a bakery express.



I had my son choose the cutter he wants. Instead of butter I use margarine since I'm saving the butter for a frosting I'm going to make for cupcakes. It did really help to place the cutout shapes in the fridge before baking to retain the shape and easy handling and since I'm decorating these next week I stacked these with wax paper in between in a zip lock and placed in the freezer.

Love the cookies not too sweet and not hard nor crumbly. You can get the recipe for these Rolled Cookies at Make Bake Celebrate.


Rolled Sugar Cookies

Ingredients


3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

  1. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
  2. Beat together unsalted butter and sugar. Once mixed well, add in egg. Mix again, then add in vanilla. I like to use my Kitchen aid and dough hook.
  3. Slowly add in flour mixture about a cup at a time. Mix until dough forms and begins to clump together.
  4. Gather up dough and knead it with hands until it's nice and smooth. Roll it into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to chill. I like to let min chill about 20-40 minutes. You will want it to be kind of firm but not hard. If it's too hard...just leave it out on the counter for just a little bit until it softens up. Then you can work it a little bit to soften it back up.
  5. Bake at 350, time will depend on cookies size and thickness. Normally between 7-11 minutes.
Adapted from Glorious Treats

2 comments:

  1. Your cookies look delicious, I can't wait to try your recipe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna.
    For me it is the perfect sugar cookie base. I can't find meringue in my country so I used sugar glaze and its delicious not eeky sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment - I read each and every one of them! xx

nRelate Posts Only